Sunday, May 1, 2011

View From London Hotel Room

With all the attention of the Royal wedding this past week, I am reminded of an image I created in London.  A few years ago, I had the pleasure of working in London for the Washington, DC law firm of Covington & Burling.  The firm put us up at the Savoy Hotel right on the Strand, just a few blocks from their London office.  When I saw this view from the window in my room, I just had to photograph it.

Please click on image to enlarge.

From left to right, one can see: the London Eye, Hungerford Bridge, Westminster BridgeWestminster Palace (Houses of Parliament), Victoria Tower, Big Ben, Westminster Abbey.

Would love to return to London some day soon with my cameras as I did not have time to explore the city while on assignment.

Todd A. Smith is a Washington, DC, VA, MD, NJ, NY architectural photographer with offices in Alexandria, VA and Spring Lake, NJ. Please visit http://www.tasphoto.com/ to see examples of his architectural photography.

No comments: