Monday, January 24, 2011

Playing With Fire

While photographing street scenes in Old Town Alexandria, Virginia, one Sunday morning, I saw this Jazz band stand up bass player in an open French door of a restaurant on King Street.

Click on on image to enlarge.

I quickly took the shot from across the street so I wouldn't miss it due to someone walking in front of me or a vehicle suddenly blocking my view.  When shooting street photography, it's now or never as the best images can quickly change or even disappear.

I didn't notice the flame tattoo on his wrist until I open the image in post production, hence the name "Playing With Fire".  This image was accepted into the Alexandria Art League Gallery January 2010 monthly juried show in Alexandria, Virginia.

Please visit Todd A. Smith Photography, LLC to see more of Todd's work.

No comments: