Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Thomas Jefferson's Monticello

While visiting Thomas Jefferson's Monticello in Charlottesville, Virginia a week ago, I thought I'd try a new panorama technique called "Panosphere".

I've been thinking of this technique for quite a while and waited until I had an appropriate subject to test it on.  Monticello was perfect, as the layout of the mansion lent itself for the composition, plus Thomas Jefferson's world revolved around it.  I titled the image "Jefferson's World":


An added bonus to visiting Monticello was seeing my niece Katy again.  She is fresh from receiving her Masters Degree in Women's History at Sarah Lawrence College in New York City, and is a tour guide at Monticello.


Todd A. Smith is a No. VA, VA, DC, DE, MD, NJ, NY architectural photographer based out of Alexandria, VA. Please visit www.tasphoto.com to see examples of his architectural photography.

No comments: